1. The Roy Building Limited and its related and affiliated entities (collectively The Roy) respects the privacy of its customers and those individuals who visit our website. This privacy statement outlines The Roy’s privacy practices and describes how The Roy may collect and use the information that you provide. For the purposes of this statement, personal information means information about an identifiable individual but does not include information that enables someone to be contacted at their place of business. Correspondingly non-identifiable information means information that is not identifiable to an individual - that is, information that cannot be associated with or traced back to a specific individual.
2. The Roy does not collect personal information from this website unless you voluntarily provide such information through on-line registration forms, contest entry forms, questionnaires, surveys or other similar documents. Such personal information may include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, demographic or household information, your preferences with respect to the type of product that The Roy offers or that you might be interested in.
3. When you provide The Roy with personal information, that information may be used to communicate with you, to send you information about The Roy, to promote and offer products and services that may be of interest to you, and of course, to respond to any specific requests you have from time to time with respect to The Roy. We may also use personal information collected from you to assist us in developing and customizing our products and services to better meet the demands for our customers. Personal information may also be used for any other purpose permitted by law. However, we will not sell, rent, trade or market personal information that we collect from you to third parties.
4. When individuals visit The Roy website, The Roy collects some basic information regarding the use of our site. This type of information is collected automatically, that is not by registration or the completion by you of any on-line surveys, forms or questionnaires. This type of non-identifiable information could include the amount of traffic visiting the site, which web pages are visited and for how long, the type of internet browser being used, the type of computer operating system being used and the domain name of the website from which a link is made to our website, if any. This non-identifiable information is used only in the aggregate to help us better understand trends and patterns evolving in the marketplace which will in turn allow us to improve the quality of our website.
5. The Roy has taken appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information stored in our databases. Although appropriate security measures have been put in place to protect against the unauthorized use, alteration or loss of personal information, you should be aware that any information transmitted over the Internet may be intercepted by third parties. The Roy does not assume any liability for interception, misuse or alteration of any information transmitted over the Internet.
6. The Roy website may from time to time contain links to other websites that may collect personal information. This Privacy Statement does not extend to such third party websites and as such, The Roy does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices or policies of such third parties nor for the content of such third party websites. We recommend that you read the privacy statements of such third parties and make an informed decision as to whether you wish to visit their website or provide personal information to such third parties.
COOKIES, ANALYTICS, REMARKETING & OPTING OUT
Together with our service providers, we collect IP (Internet Protocol) addresses from all The Roy website visitors as well as other related information, such as your operating system, your internet browser, page requests and the average time you spend on our website. This information is used to help us generally understand our The Roy website activity and to monitor and improve the overall The Roy website experience.
As you browse the The Roy website, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can better understand your interests. A “cookie” is a small amount of data that our website can send to your internet browser which may then be stored on your computer’s hard drive so that we can recognize you when you return to our website in the future. If you have registered with the The Roy website, these cookies may let us know who you are and identify your browser as one that has visited the The Roy website before. These cookies may also be required to access your account information (which is securely stored on the hard drive of our computer) in order to allow us to deliver our products and personalized services to you.
You may set your Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our The Roy website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of our website.
ANALYTICS & REMARKETING
from these third parties.
For more information on GA, see: "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps".
OPTING OUT OF INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
If you want to find out more about the collection and use of information by third parties for customized advertising purposes, or if you would like to opt out of certain third-party cookies and make selections about what online advertisement you want to receive, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance website athttp://www.digitaladvertisingalliance.org/ or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada website at http://www.youradchoices.ca/choices. You may also be able to opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/ and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: http://www.google.ca/ads/preferences/plugin/.
Your continued use of the The Roy website without opting out means that you understand and agree to data collection to provide you with remarketing ads using GA and cookies from other third parties based on your prior visits to our The Roy website and other websites elsewhere on the Internet.